Fraser Health Authority
Professional Practice and Integration
Clinical Practice Consultant
100 - 13450 - 102nd Ave.
Canada V3T 5X3
Phone: 604 953-5112 #769589
- BSN (Nursing), University of Victoria
- MSN (Nursing), University of British Columbia
- Shared responsibilities for the Educator Pathway which is a multi-partner project focused on increasing both mentorship/preceptorship and educator capacity. The partnership includes Fraser Health, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and Nurses Bargaining Association, UBC and UVIC School of Nursing.
- Fraser Health co-principal investigator for the research/evalution component of the Educator Pathway.
- Member, Xi Eta chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member, Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
- Member, Canadian College Health Service Executives
- Shared educational responsibilities for the pathway include curriculum development, course development and co-facilitation of levels 1, 2 and 3 of the pathway, for example, advanced mentorship, applied education theory and practice. I am interested in research opportunities that promote professional practice and integration specific to the quality practice environment and health human resources.
- Recently completed an Operating Room Quality Practice Environment Participatory Action Research Project, which was a Fraser Health research project prompted through the CHSRF funded participatory action research project, "Leadership for Ethical Policy and Practice" by Dr Jan Storch (University of Victoria School of Nursing) and Dr. Paddy Rodney (UBC School of Nursing).